[Rock-dev] Rock CMAKE macros not working under windows
Janosch Machowinski
2014-10-13 08:43:28 UTC
Hey,
the Rock CMAKE macros do not work under windows, which
is especially bad for base/types. The root of the problem is the
creation of symlinks, which is not supported on windows :
e.g. : cmake -E create_symlink
Anyone an idea how to overcome this issue, without changing
the current setup ?
Greetings
Janosch
--
Dipl. Inf. Janosch Machowinski
SAR- & Sicherheitsrobotik

Universit?t Bremen
FB 3 - Mathematik und Informatik
AG Robotik
Robert-Hooke-Stra?e 1
28359 Bremen, Germany

Zentrale: +49 421 178 45-6611

Besuchsadresse der Nebengesch?ftstelle:
Robert-Hooke-Stra?e 5
28359 Bremen, Germany

Tel.: +49 421 178 45-6614
Empfang: +49 421 178 45-6600
Fax: +49 421 178 45-4150
E-Mail: jmachowinski at informatik.uni-bremen.de

Sylvain Joyeux
2014-10-13 14:43:41 UTC
Janosch Machowinski
2014-10-14 08:03:26 UTC
One needs admin rights to create junction points.
The only command runnable as a normal user is
mklink /J
I'll try to figure out if this is sufficient. Anyway, I was
more looking for a native cmake solution...
Greetings
Janosch
From quickly googling about it, it seems that we would need to replace
the create_symlinks call on windows by a junction creation (given what
we do, should work fine, but someone should please check it out). We
would be limited to NTFS.
Sylvain
E-Mail: jmachowinski at informatik.uni-bremen.de

E-Mail: jmachowinski at informatik.uni-bremen.de

Michael Rohn
2014-10-14 08:40:29 UTC
On the cmake bugtracker you will find some bug reports about this
problem. I think there is no cmake solution and it is not planed to fix
this in the near future by the cmake developers.

So we have to handle it on our own.

Greetings
Michael
Post by Janosch Machowinski
One needs admin rights to create junction points.
The only command runnable as a normal user is
mklink /J
I'll try to figure out if this is sufficient. Anyway, I was
more looking for a native cmake solution...
Greetings
Janosch
From quickly googling about it, it seems that we would need to replace
E-Mail: jmachowinski at informatik.uni-bremen.de
Michael Rohn (Dipl.-Inf.)
Simulation & Elektro-Mobilit?t

Hauptgesch?ftsstelle Standort Bremen:
DFKI GmbH
Robotics Innovation Center
Robert-Hooke-Stra?e 1
28359 Bremen, Germany

Tel.: +49 421 178 45-4133
Zentrale: +49 421 178 45-0
Fax: +49 421 178 45-4150 (Faxe bitte namentlich kennzeichnen)
E-Mail: michael.rohn at dfki.de

Firmensitz: Trippstadter Stra?e 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern
(Vorsitzender) Dr. Walter Olthoff
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313
USt-Id.Nr.: DE 148646973
Steuernummer: 19/673/0060/3
Sylvain Joyeux

Sylvain Joyeux

Janosch Machowinski
Sylvain Joyeux
2014-10-14 18:02:28 UTC
Funnily enough mklink /J does create a junction (per documentation &
googling). So it seems that the web was right after all ;-)

It seems that symlinks are pretty limited on windows, so going for
them would not have been a good move anyways

Sylvain

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 2:56 PM, Janosch Machowinski
Post by Michael Rohn
On the cmake bugtracker you will find some bug reports about this
problem. I think there is no cmake solution and it is not planed to fix
this in the near future by the cmake developers.
So we have to handle it on our own.
Greetings
Michael
Post by Janosch Machowinski
One needs admin rights to create junction points.
The only command runnable as a normal user is
mklink /J
I'll try to figure out if this is sufficient. Anyway, I was
more looking for a native cmake solution...
Greetings
Janosch
From quickly googling about it, it seems that we would need to replace