[Rock-dev] base/types compatibility headers not found
Sebastian Kasperski
2014-09-17 11:53:46 UTC
Hi all,

I currently have an issue with a type declaration including the old base/types
error: base/time.h: No such file or directory
These compatibility header are available in my installation in
include/base/backward/base/, but not found. Any idea how to fix this?

Best regards,
Sebastian

Dipl.-Ing. Alexander Duda
Unterwasserrobotik
Robotics Innovation Center

Hauptgesch?ftsstelle Standort Bremen:
DFKI GmbH
Robotics Innovation Center
Robert-Hooke-Stra?e 1
28359 Bremen, Germany

Tel.: +49 421 178 45-6620
Zentrale: +49 421 178 45-0
Fax: +49 421 178 45-4150 (Faxe bitte namentlich kennzeichnen)
E-Mail: Alexander.Duda at dfki.de

Firmensitz: Trippstadter Stra?e 122, D-67663 Kaiserslautern
(Vorsitzender) Dr. Walter Olthoff
Amtsgericht Kaiserslautern, HRB 2313
USt-Id.Nr.: DE 148646973
Steuernummer: 19/673/0060/3

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
You probably did not add a pkg-config dependency on base-types. Which
usually works because the root include dir is already added, but fails
for the backward compatibility header.

If you are using the Rock CMake macros, add a
DEPS_PKGCONFIG base-types

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 8:53 AM, Sebastian Kasperski
Sylvain Joyeux
2014-09-18 15:52:19 UTC
To add to what Alex said:

These backward-compatible headers have been there for quite a while,
and will be discontinued at some point [1]

Sylvain
PS: note to self, the definition of "at some point" in this sentence
is yet another discussion that we will have to have